Effective January 12, 2018
If you do not agree to the practices described below in this Policy, do not browse our Website or use our Services, as your continued use of our Services indicates that you are agreeing to the collection, use, disclosure, management and storage of your Personal Data and other information as described in this Policy.
Please read this Policy as it includes important information regarding your Personal Data and other information. Capitalized terms not defined in this Policy shall have the meanings given to such terms in the Terms of Service. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at email@example.com.
- Information We Collect.
(a) Personal Data. Personal Data and other information are collected from you when you create an Account with us or when you otherwise disclose Personal Data or other information to us or third parties when using the Services. “Personal Data” means any information that may be used to identify an individual. Personal Data does not include aggregate information. To use certain aspects of the Services you may be asked to provide your: full name, email address, telephone number, residence address, mailing address, as well as related information.
(b) Location Data. We, our Payment Processor, and Linked Sites may collect and use location information in relation to a User’s Device and use of the Services (“Location Data”) from your Device with respect to you. By using the Services, you expressly consent to the collection of Location Data. To opt out of the collection of Location Data, contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org (however, if you do so, certain aspects of the Services will become unusable). This Location Data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you. Location Data is aggregated with data from Devices of other Users to enhance the quality of Content Users provide to us and to enhance the quality of the Services we provide to you. You agree that we may also share your Location data with third parties. Location Data is shared anonymously in a form that would not personally identify you.
(c) Use Data. When you send or receive Content using our Services, we collect data about that Content.
(d) Log Information. When you browse our Services, you do so anonymously, unless you have previously created an Account with us. However, we may log your IP address to give us an idea of which part of our Services you visit and how long you spend there. However, we do not link your IP address to any Personal Data unless you have logged into our Services. Also, our Services may use a standard technology called a ‘cookie’ to collect information about how you interact with our Services. Please see Section 7 below for more information.
(e) Ad Data. The Website may use ‘Google AdSense’ by Google, Inc. (“Google”) to integrate advertisements on the Services. Google AdSense uses ‘cookies’ and ‘web beacons’. If this Website uses ‘Google AdSense’, then information about the use of this Website (including your IP address) and the delivery of advertising formats generated by cookies and web beacons will be processed to a server of Google in the United States and will be saved there. This information may be processed to contractual partners of Google by Google. Google will not associate your IP address with any other Google data. Through the use of this Website, you express your consent to the processing of data collected by Google about you in the manner and for the purposes described in this Policy and in Google’s partner data policy here: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
(f) Aggregate Data. Certain aspects of our Services are set up to collect and report aggregate information. Aggregate information is data we collect about the use of the Services or about a group or category of products, services or Users, from which individual identities or other Personal Data has been removed. In other words, information about how you use the Services may be collected and combined with information about how others use the Services. Aggregate data helps us understand trends and User’s needs so that we can better consider new features or otherwise tailor our Services. This Policy does not restrict what we can do with aggregate information.
(h) Device Information. We may collect data about the computer or Device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, MAC address, unique device identifier (‘UDI’), phone number, and mobile carrier information. If you choose to use the ‘invite friends’ function of the Services you understand and agree that you are granting us access to your Device’s native contact list, that we may store this information and related information, and that we will use this information as set forth in this Policy.
(i) Tracking Technology. We collect information through technology, such as cookies, flash cookies and web beacons, including when you visit our Services or a Linked Site. Please see Section 7 below for further information, including information about how to disable cookies.
(j) From Third Parties. We acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information you provided or we collected automatically. Local law may require that you authorize the third party to share your information with us before we can acquire it.
- How We Use It. We use your Personal Data and other information you provide to us to:
(a) enable us to provide the Services to you;
(b) notify you regarding Services, your Account, or fees;
(c) increase the usability of the Services;
(d) provide information about promotional offers;
(e) deliver advertisements on our Services and on the websites of advertising partners, to improve and monitor advertising, and to provide you with targeted advertisements;
(f) investigate objectionable use of the Services;
(g) respond to requests for assistance from our customer support team;
(h) analyze trends and use of our Services; and
(i) carry on our business, as determined by us.
- Who We Share It With.
We will share Personal Data with third parties:
(a) when necessary, as determined by us in our sole discretion, to provide Services to you. This includes for the uses listed in Section 2 above;
(b) when required by law or by court order;
(c) to protect our rights and property, to prevent fraudulent activity or other deceptive practices of Users or third parties, or to prevent harm to others;
(d) if we are acquired by or merged with another company, or if our assets are sold to another company. In all of these circumstances, you understand and agree that our Terms of Service and this Policy will be assigned and delegated to the other company; and
(e) to perform tasks for us or in connection with our business and the Services, as determined by us. We may use third parties to help operate the Services and perform other aspects of the Services. You agree we may share your Personal Data with third parties that provide services to us in connection with our business (such as website or database hosting companies, address list hosting companies, email service providers, analytics companies, distribution companies, and other similar service providers that use such information on our behalf). Unless otherwise stated, these third parties do not have any right to use the Personal Data we provide to them beyond what is necessary for them to assist us, as determined by us.
- Your Choices.
(a) Any information, Personal Data, or Content that you voluntarily disclose for Transmitting to a public area of the Website may become available to other Users and/or the public. Once you have Transmitted Content to a public area of the Website, you acknowledge and agree that any Content you Transmitted may be re-shared by Users and others and we have no control over any such re-sharing. If you remove information, Personal Data, or Content that you Transmit to the Services, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Services, or if other Users or third parties copied or saved that information.
(b) The Services may allow you to use the Services or Social Media Profiles to share Location Data or other Content with Users, a Linked Site, or other third parties. If you use such functionality of the Services, then you should use caution when determining to whom you want to make your Location Data and/or Content available. If you choose to Transmit your Location Data and/or Content using Social Media Profiles, then, depending on the privacy settings of your Social Media Profiles, it is possible that persons in addition to those to whom you intended to view your Location Data and/or Content could have access to such information. Accordingly, you should use caution when sharing Location Data via and/or Content using Social Media Profiles and you should carefully review the privacy practices of such Social Media Profiles.
(c) You may opt out of targeted advertisements from some third party companies by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative or Digital Advertising Alliance Consumer Choice Page, which provide simple ways to opt out of ad targeting from participating third party companies. When you opt out, your selection will be stored in a cookie that is specific to your Device or computer and the web browser you are using. The opt out cookie has an expiration date of five years. If you delete the cookies on your computer or Device, you will need to opt out again.
(d) We will contact you from time to time to provide updates about our Services. Unless you have opted out, this could include contacting you by phone or email. You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by the following means: (i) contacting us via email at email@example.com; or (ii) following the instructions in the communication.
- Security of Your Personal Information. We exercise reasonable care and prudence in protecting the security of Personal Data provided to us. We carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Someone may see or edit your Personal Data if that person gains access to your username and password, so do not share these with others. WE TAKE THESE PRECAUTIONS IN AN EFFORT TO PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION AGAINST SECURITY BREACHES. HOWEVER, THIS IS NOT A GUARANTEE THAT SUCH INFORMATION MAY NOT BE ACCESSED, DISCLOSED, ALTERED, OR DESTROYED BY BREACH OF SUCH FIREWALLS AND SECURE SERVER SOFTWARE. BY USING THE SERVICES, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO ASSUME THESE RISKS.
- Your Account. Users may review and update Personal Data by logging into their Account. If your Account is terminated by you or us, we will remove your name and other Personal Data from our publicly viewable database. If you close your Account, we have no obligation to retain your information, and may delete any or all of your Account information without liability. However, we may retain Content related to you for any reason we determine. We may also retain and use your Content if necessary to provide Services to other Users. We disclaim any liability in relation to the deletion or retention (subject to the terms of this Policy) of Content or any obligation not to delete the Content.
- Compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. We recognize the need to provide further privacy protections with respect to Personal Data we may collect from Children who use our Services. For that reason, we make every effort to comply with the regulations of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (at 15 USC § 6501 – 6506). We never collect or maintain Personal Data through the Services from those we actually know are under 13 years of age and no part of the Services are structured to attract anyone under 13 years of age. We expressly disclaim, and you expressly release us from, any and all liability whatsoever for any controversies, claims, suits, injuries, harm, loss, penalties, damages, arising from and/or in any way related to any misrepresentations regarding the age of any User. We reserve the right to suspend and/or terminate with or without notice the Account of User who we believe has provided false information when registering for and/or using the Services and each User agrees to make no further use of the Services after termination and/or during suspension.
- Linked Sites. The Services and/or third parties may provide links Linked Sites and data provided by third parties. However, we are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by Linked Sites, nor are we responsible for the information or materials that third party data contains. This Policy applies solely to information collected by us through the Services; thus when you use a link to go from the Services to a Linked Site, this Policy is no longer in effect. We encourage Users to read the privacy policies of Linked Sites before proceeding to use them. When you conduct e-commerce with a Linked Site, certain Personal Data may be collected by the Linked Site and made available to us.
- Ad Revenue. The Services may display advertisements operated by us, our Affiliates, and/or third party Advertisers. Some of the advertisements we display are targeted to you based on your online behavior and your click habits and we may receive compensation based on your clicks.
- Changes to our Policy; Miscellaneous. We reserve the right to change this Policy, our Terms of Service, and our other Polices at any time. We will notify you about changes to this Policy by displaying the updated Policy on our Website. You agree that your use of the Services after such notification will constitute acceptance by you of such changes to our Policy. This Policy is and any disputes in connection with this Policy are subject to our Terms of Service and our other Policies which are each hereby incorporated herein by reference. In the event of any conflict between the provisions of this Policy and our Terms of Service, our Terms of Service shall control.
- Questions or Comments Regarding this Policy. We value your comments and opinions. If you have questions, comments or a complaint about compliance with this Policy, you may send a written notice to us via contact via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.